Apprentice, Information and Administration Assistant (Barnstaple)
This post is a new, exciting and important role within Citizens Advice. You will be responsible for supporting the Barnstaple supervisor and their team of Advisers. You will help to manage a busy office reception, answer telephones and other relevant admin duties.
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2019
The Information and Administration Assistant is a new role created to support our busy Barnstaple office. You will support the Barnstaple supervisor with their administration and some client facing duties.
On reception you will be the first person most clients speak to when they contact Barnstaple Citizen’s Advice, either face to face or by telephone. They will be contacting us for information on a wide range of subjects.
Duties will include:
- You will be comprehensively trained in how to use our client database, information and telephone systems
- You will learn how to ask specific questions of clients and look up relevant information to help
- You will also be trained in how to assess if the client needs an appointment with one of our advisers
- You will learn about treating clients with dignity and respect. You will receive good quality supervision and mentoring
- You will be expected to meet agreed targets whilst ensuring a high standard of customer service
- As part of your role, you will be given advice training and work alongside our volunteer advisers
- You may also be given opportunity to support the charity’s social media and other communications
- You may also be given opportunities to get involved with charity fundraising and event organisation